14 January 2012

NEWS: Margrethe II...40 Years later

When I was a little girl in Denmark, I played with our mother's old childhood puzzles. These old puzzles worn by time depicted the royal family.  Being two years older than the queen, our mother seemed to admire her. Even today, I can recall how as a child this simple activity meant to our mother. As we sat there together putting together the old puzzle...somehow we were also re-connecting the pieces to her childhood past. 

This was my first introduction of then future queen and her royal family.

This week marks the 40th anniversary of her reign as 
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

Click here for more information.

Think I'll wear my daisy necklace in her honor this weekend...
and dedicate this post to our mother.

CONGRATULATIONS / Tillykke!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...